Friday, June 5, 2015

Picture Perfect Prompts

                                                  Story #2
          We were eight and nine years old. She was eight. Although young, we were mature. We knew things most children our age didn't. We were like two peas in a pod. Inseparable. We would play tag, hide and go seek, and even just run around. We often played in our favorite spot. There was woods behind my house. One day, we went out and were just walking around, weaving in and out of the tall, intimidating trees. She stopped. She sat down on a near by rock. I didn't know what to do. She asked me to come over, so that's what I did. For once, she asked if we could talk. I agreed naively. She wanted to talk about her family. She said her parents would be getting a divorce. I replied with my condolences, and thought we would go back to playing. She continued. I never realized, that she would have to move away to live with he mother. When she told me, I was distraught, devastated, unnerved. I had no movement and no thought. She acted as if nothing had happened, and asked if I wanted to play hide and go seek with her. I nodded. We played, at least I thought we were playing. She hid first. I was counting, and when I was done I went to go find her. She was gone. I looked, and looked, and looked. She was no where to be found. I went home. I told my parents about what had happened. My mother told me that her and her family just drove away in a moving bus. That would be the last time I had ever seen her, so I thought. I am 40 years old now, and I still remember how I felt that day. I had lost all hope of finding new friends. I did everything alone after that. Until one day. The greatest day of my life. I walked into out local Starbucks like every morning, and there was a woman sitting there. I had never seen such a beautiful woman. Little did I know, it was her. I went up to her and said hi. I had know idea who it was. She recognized me. I then figured it out. I was so happy. Went slowly went on, dating and becoming best friends again. Now we are married with three beautiful children. It went from bad to perfect so quickly. It was okay though. It was perfect then and that is all that matters. Until yesterday. We found out she has an extremely deathly cancer. She will die in two day, and I don't know what to do. I can't do this. Good bye Samantha, i'm sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment