Thursday, June 11, 2015

Picture Perfect Prompts

 
                                  Story #3
          It was 5:00 in the morning, when I heard the birds screams I woke up immediately. My girlfriend was lying there next to me, motionless in sleep. Despite the amazing sunset I could see clearly out of the back window of the hotel, there was something unnerving. I could feel it as my bones tingled. I didn't really know what t do. I didn't want to her up so early, but I felt I had to. So, I woke her up and although she wasn't extremely joyful when she got up, we left the hotel as soon as we could. As we began the long drive home, it was awkward. No one was talking, not me and not her. The car was silent, no music, no conversation, nothing. Was it me? I kept asking myself this, but something kept telling me that it wasn't. When we got home, she ran straight upstairs. I stayed downstairs, because I had no idea what to do. I walked up the old stairs slowly, scared for some reason as to what I would see. I walked into the bedroom we shared, although we weren't married, and saw her. Lying there. With pills spilled all over the. I looked for a pulse. It was no where to be found. I ran my fingers, slowly, up and down her arms and legs. I was just thinking about how much I loved her. After I came back to reality I called 911. When they arrived and took her away, I lost it. I couldn't take it anymore. I went over to the suitcase I had used for our trip, and got the ring out of it. The ring I was going to give her tonight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment