Thursday, June 11, 2015

Picture Perfect Prompts

         
                                                                            Story #6
          Every time I went to my grandparents house, it would be sitting there on the porch. It stared me down intensely. I never knew why it was there since no one ever used it. One day, I decided to ask. Before my grandmother told me, she warned me that it was probably going to sound crazy, but if I wanted to know she would tell me. I still wanted to know. So she told me the story of my great, great,great, great grandmother and her rocking chair. She said she would sit in the chair all day, every day. No matter what. Rain or shine, she would sit on her porch in the chair. She ate dinner there, breakfast and lunch too. So, when she found out she was going to pass away due to a cancer, she asked that my grandparents leave the chair where it was. She said she wanted to sit there while she watched over everyone. Of course they listened, and they do believe that she sits in it still. I believe too, because I can feel her presence and it so crazy. Now, every time I walk by it, I say hi to her. Is
that weird?

No comments:

Post a Comment