Wednesday, June 17, 2015

1 Act Play: This was Supposed to be Fun

Jason and Christina are sitting in a Dairy Queen at 11:00 at night, they just got done eating dinner at the 99 restaurant. They were set up on a blind date by John and Leah, John is Jason’s brother and Leah is Christina’s sister. They begin ordering their ice creams.

Jason: Hi, can I please have...uhh...a medium, vanilla soft serve in a cone? Um with cherry dip.
Christina: Can i please have a small, chocolate soft serve in a cup.

As they both get their ice creams, Jason pays for them, and the take a seat in the booth farthest from the store windows and door.

Jason: How’s your ice cream Christina?
Christina: It’s great, thanks for paying, you really didn’t have to do that. You’re so sweet.
Jason: No problem, it was my pleasure.
Christina: Sit down, stay awhile.
Jason: Oh..uhh.okay.
Christina: I know I learned a lot about you already, but what else can you tell me?
Jason: Umm.. I’m not really sure. What exactly is it that you want to know about me?
Christina: Well, you never told me where you’re from, I am from New York, New York, how about you? Where are you from?
Jason: Oh, uh.. I am from Norton, Ohio. I just moved here from there two years ago.
Christina: Thats random, New York is probably much nicer. Isn’t Ohio like all farmland and ranches?
Jason: No, umm.. no its not. Ohio is really nice and quiet, I have a lot of friends there.
Christina: Well I can see why you haven’t made any friends here yet, you’re really awkward and not very funny. Why aren’t you funny?
Jason: Oh, im sorry..I didn’t..uhh..mean to. I’m really sorry.
Christina: It’s okay, I’m like the life of the party. (She bursts out laughing at what she said)
Jason: Oh, uh yah.
Christina: You’re honestly so weird, why are you getting so scared...I’m just a person.
Jason: Maybe, we should...um just leave. I can see you don’t really like me.
Christina: Okay, bye. (She got up and left)

Jason was sitting alone in dairy queen, just trying to be his awkward self.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment