Monday, March 16, 2015

Synecdoche: Relay Race

          The crowd is yelling, chanting, "NORTON! NORTON!" Yet my anxiety has taken oven and I can't hear one word coming out of anyone's mouth, not even mine. I am waiting and waiting for what seems like forever but is really only about 1 minute. Finally it approaches me. I take off as the baton gets closer and closer, and soon it is in my hand. My nervous, clammy, young, little hand. It's all up to me now, it feels like I have to win it for the team. I am running and running and running and I cross the finish line. All of a sudden, the noise reaches my ears and I can hear everything and everyone. I crossed the finish line without even realizing that we won the race with the school record. I can't wait until the next race as the baton reaches me and I take off.

No comments:

Post a Comment